Monday, September 22, 2008

Delicious!

Ok, so everyone knows I like to cook. But here's the thing, I mostly start out with a recipe and try to follow it best I can. I often make tweaks and changes here and there, mostly to scale down, make things more affordable, and satisfy my need to make every meal my own.

I've tried 2 recipes lately that all (including the girls) of us have really enjoyed. This first one is from Bon Appetit and it's a beautiful summer pasta dish. It has goat cheese in it (my new favorite expensive ingredient). Yes, it's a little more pricey, and no, it's not good, old, comfortable cheddar, but it is surprisingly mild and delicious!! I did make a lot of changes on this one though, because I was determined to use what I had on hand. I won't bore you with my changes here so if you are interested, let me know and I will pass them on or feel free to try the recipe as originally written as I plan to do soon considering how much I loved my version. Who knows, maybe the original is even better!

Here's the link: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/FARFALLE-WITH-CHICKEN-TOMATOES-CARAMELIZED-ONIONS-AND-GOAT-CHEESE-242501

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

YUM! That photo sure looks good. Sort of reminds me of a dish they serve at Cheesecake Factory. I'd definitely be interested in seeing your "notes."

Thanks for posting these! I'm always looking for something new, but don't like taking the risk that it won't be good.