Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tactile Snacking






What better way to teach your kids to enjoy different tactile experiences than to finger paint with chocolate pudding? You can tell which one was a little more into the experience than the other! I love these pictures because they show how vastly different these 2 girls' personalities are...

Haylee likes to take her time with new things until she's more sure of herself and only then she will let loose - a little. She also likes to have everything clean; she really couldn't believe I was encouraging her to do this. Also I think she went and washed her hands 5 times during our 20 minute finger painting experience.

Cambree, on the other hand (someone else's other hand) knew immediately the purpose of this experience was to allow her to figure out how much of this gooey sweet stuff she could consume in the shortest amount of time and if, along the way, she happened to make some sort of design on her tray, well that was just an added benefit. She ended up needing a "refill" from the paint pot about as often as Haylee washed her hands!

7 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my dear, that is just like my girls, at those ages. Hannah was so cautious and Eden dug in! I love the pictures and the willingness to get the hands, and table, and walls, and sicks, and who knows what dirty! It's a memory. I left a follow up comment for you on my post. I tend to do that every now and then. I'm glad to have your blog address and look forward to getting to know you more--Tim's such a quiet guy, I only know the basics about you. Thanks!

Rachel said...

Julie, that is hilarious! You're such a fun mom to do this with them. I'm going to start calling you every morning to see what's on your agenda and then copy you, ok?

I love your description of your girls' personalities. It's amazing the way they are who they at such a young age, huh?

Tassi Smith said...

That looks so much fun. I want to do this and maybe I will let my girls try it too. Great idea.

jkmeyers said...

Once again I am laughing so hard that it brings tears to my eyes. Golly, I love your girls!!!!

Emma said...

Wow - did you stick the whole booster seat in the bathtub with Kambree? That's awesome.

Emma said...

Fiercest apologies - I meant Cambree with a C :)

Unknown said...

That's our girls!! Made me remember when mine were that size and we did that kind of stuff. Glad yours are around to make us all smile!!!