Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A New Leaf

Haylee turned over a new leaf last week.  

The (dreaded?) kindergarten leaf!!! 

I know, I know, so many of you have already sent your kiddos off to school but let me tell you it is soooo different when it's your kid!   Yes, I cried, a lot too.  But not until I got home.  I felt so silly about it.  It's not as if I don't want her to experience school and everything.  It's just that now I won't be the one teaching her everything and watching her make new discoveries.  She'll still have some with me, yes I know.  I mean, seriously, she's not even gone for 3 hours a day!   

After a little over a week though, I can honestly say that she has entered a whole new world of learning.  It's awesome to watch! I do miss her when she's gone!  But I love that she is just as excited as I am when I pick her up.  That softens the blow a bit.   I got to go with her on the first day, meet the teacher, see her cubby, all that jazz.  Afterwards, Haylee asked me when she would get to go all by herself!  The little independent stinker!



Not sure why I didn't take very many pics.  I think I may have been overcome with my conflicting emotions.  More likely, we were running late. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! Proud of that Haylee girl, school is awesome!

Cara said...

She is adorable!!! Hope the year is going well for her!!