Saturday, August 2, 2014

Proud Parents!!!

That's the sort of title people use when they post about their newborn babies, right.  Well, this one is about our 9 year old baby.    

Haylee completed a Jr. Triathlon today!  

We are so 
          so
                         so proud of her!  
I was a little worried but it felt like a real race, she got her number on her arm and leg (and although she's feeling a bit apprehensive about people seeing that at church, I think it's cool!), there was loud music, a real finish line, etc.  

Haylee did so well too!  She was worried about the swim part and worried about the heat.  After the swim as I jogged with her to transition to the bike she was all smiles..."Well, I liked the swim part!"

More smiles after the bike and then as she turned the last corner on the run and saw us cheering her on.   For the record, I did not cry when she crossed the finish line (very much).
















2 comments:

jkmeyers said...

Such a fun day! Haylee - such a great experience - I'm sure that was the first of many triathlons for you! You GO Girl! Love you tons!

Emily said...

How cool! I almost cried just reading about it. It's so fun to see your kids find what they love and get into it. Hope you guys are well! We'd love to get together with you soon - let us know what works for you.