Wednesday, June 22, 2011

YOU ARE....AN IRONMAN

I hesitate to include this post.  Why?  Well because many of you may automatically assume that BJ or perhaps I am the Ironman.  But no, at least not this time.  This time it was our dear brother-in-law, Mr. David Q. Hatt.  We are so proud of him.  The full Ironman race is an absoulutely amazing feat.  Amazing.  2 1/2 mile swim, 50 mile bike ride and finally a full marathon (26.2 miles).  Is that not amazing?  All done in about 9-10 hours.  Wow.  Oh, and did I mention it was in the 90s?  It was soooo hot!

BJ caught the fever, the Ironman fever.  He wants to do one.  I didn't catch that kind of fever, mine was closer to a nice sweaty case of heat stroke.  But it was very fun.  There were several professional Ironman-ers and Ironwoman-ers and we watch them in transition and finish.  Very exciting.  And hot.

This was St. George by the way.  Early May too.  This year.  Just a bit behind on my blogging.  Just a bit.

A visit to the temple with cousins.


I regret to say that this is the only picture I have of our very own Ironman.  




Below are my favorite pictures from the trip.  Absolutely nothing to do with the Ironman race.  Nope.  Just a too big skirt and an infectious little redhead.












Poor Haylee was sick for the first half of our 5 day racecation.  But she pushed through it enough to complete her own little race.  Bree too.  And extra patient Daddy.


No comments: