Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cornbellys

So we have this little tradition in my family, new perhaps but tradition status nonetheless, to get together in the fall and go to some sort of fallish "thing."  Last year it was a "Harvest Festival" and this year it was Cornbellys, aka, the Halloween event/thing/festival/? at Thanksgiving Point.  So much to see and do and such beautiful weather.  I regret to say that I don't have very many pictures of all the cousins because I was mostly stationed with the younger kiddos and the older ones unfortunately were not interested in the bounce houses, princess play land, or climbing apparatuses.  












I'm not quite sure how I'd like to record my experience captured below.  All I remember is thinking that those funny bouncy horses reminded me of our old Hippity Hop which I loved and why in the world were there no adults bouncing on them?  I threw to the wind any and all caution, self-respect and pride.  Gosh darn it, I paid for my ticket and I was going to have some fun, never mind the fact that I was 9 months preggo!!!

This is Bree, poor soul couldn't move because her feet didn't touch the ground.  Someone charitable had to help her...might as well be her mother.  (That was my excuse.) 


A note: these pictures are sooooo not flattering but I just had to remember it all (a shout out to the cripple in the wheel chair who was generous enough to snap about 100 pics for me to choose from).  One more note:  I could barely walk for days and was sore for weeks!   This was probably due to the fact that I was indeed, with child, and my body was not up to a round on the giant Hippity Horse.





My cute sisters.  How I love my sisters!


I was also fortunate enough to find a balloon twister sympathetic to my situation.  After twisting/forming/whatever my kids' balloon creations he said he had one for their mother (who watched in awe while sprawled on the ground, exhausted and embarrassed from the aforementioned excitement).   All the moms and kids in line were not impressed.   After all, it was their turn and I hadn't technically been in line.  I understand.  But the dirty looks were worth it.  He made me a pregnant dog balloon. 


Insert picture.


Ok, so remember I said we haven't figured out how to get pics from my phone onto my computer?  Just know that it was awesome.  The "baby" was a teeny tiny balloon, not connected to the mom dog balloon but visible through her tummy.  HA!  Thank you balloon guy.  You made my day.  If I had the cash, I would have tipped him.  Instead I just thanked him awkwardly and limped away.

2 comments:

Emma said...

Just for the record - I LOVE that you took a ride on the giant hippity horse when 9 months prego. Who the heck cares what the other kids or moms were thinking? You go girl. (and I'm pretty sure Cambree appreciated it too.)

Kristie said...

Love the pictures especially the one of you on the hippy horse Bree face shows that she loved it. And you look great for being 9 months prego.
Have your Dad let me know when the new one arrives I know I am not close but I still love new babies and have a soft spot for the boy ones. And I know your Grandma meyers would love seeing a new baby. We love your posts. Thanks for sharing your family with us.