Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Life Events

In 2 days (or less, ha ha ha) we will be welcoming our third child into this world.  Is that not amazing?  I cannot wait to meet him.  Guess it's a good thing I don't have to wait much longer.  My curiosity is trying to get the better of me, too bad there's no possible way he can win, at least not on his time frame.  

As I watch our 2 girls get bigger and taller and smarter and older...I am reminded of how different life is with a baby around.  But that's just it.  It's been 4 years since we've had a baby around and I know there are millions of things about life with Baby that I'm forgetting.  Not to mention the fact that this one will be different.  He's a boy, how could he not be?  And our lives are so different now.  We will have 3.  Got that?  T H R E E.  Wow.  

A long time ago, BJ read some article about big life events and we refer to it often, getting a good chuckle each time we think about it.  Big life events.  Things like relocating, starting a new job, a death in the family, an addition to the family, becoming vegan, painting the living room chartreuse, joining weight watchers, learning Mandarin...you know, big things.  So the article said you should really try to space out these big life events.  Like, put years in-between them.  Don't you think that's funny?  I do.  We don't work that way as I'm sure most people don't.  I mean, you do what you can, right?  

This time we decided it would be in our best interest to have a baby on Black Friday, 4 days after BJ starts a new job whilst in the middle of painting our bedroom.  Right before the holidays.  Right in the middle of undone laundry and untakencareof voles attacking the back yard of the home we have owned for less than a year (another Big Life Event).  Right before I had a chance to wash the hubcaps of the minivan we purchased several months ago.  Did I mention large purchases were considered big life events too?  They are.

Here's to you Mr. Big Life Events Guy (if you're familiar with Budweiser's Real Men of Genius, you'll think that's funny)

We are ready for you.

1 comment:

Tammy and Alvin said...

We are very excited for you and #3. Can't wait to see pictures when he gets here and find out his name. You sound extremely sure of his arrival, so I take it your being induced? How many pies do you think you'll get to choose from in the hospital? Good luck!

Are you painting your bedroom chartreuse?:)

Will you make a post about BJ's new job or email us details? We're curious about that big life event, too.

We love you all and are glad you're back to blogging (at least for a couple more days when a newborn turns your world upside down! - You'll have to turn the blog over to Haylee :)